Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sun this morning 19th

Davey-T

Bit of Sun this morning so fired up the cloud magnet AKA the Quark and had a browse around, Eiffel Tower prom has been demolished but AR2403 is looking good with a nearby filament making a nice picture, oh look here come the clouds  :grin:

Dave

Nice report, Dave. Maybe it was leaning tower in hindsight :grin:

I set up this morning just in case, as my solar brekkies are running out fast. I got a few rubbish cloudy shots and the more central AR looked like it had picked up a little bit? And a nice little smattering of smaller new spots have come round the bend. Proms down a bit?

I will try stacking my efforts though cloud but could be all junk, at least I caught a little glimpse on the lappy screen :laugh:

Solar brekkies are tough this time of year, not much visible cloud movement to judge chances of clear via the satellite, but 'twill be back to weekends only soon. Contast is a bit lower these days early on with Sol doing the limbo. :grin:

I managed a few white light subs through the cloud this morning. Was surprised to see enough activity to be able to focus using just the DSLR LCD. No idea if I will get anything out of them though as there was a lot of cloud whizzing over.

Cloud cleared this p.m. after 36 hours(!) of non- stop(!) rain.

A bit quieter than sometimes, certainly, but still lovely to see some decent - though not spectacular - proms and the couple of large ARs are adding interest. No time to get the Quark or wedge going, though, 'cos my dog deserved some decent exercise after her self-imposed period confined to barracks ...

Not even a break in the cloud here :smiley: and with monsoons forecast for the weekend I may go and buy a canoe :laugh:

Its only been a week or so I last observed the sun but for some unknown reason it feels a lot longer

Archived