Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi,

I have just installed EQ-MOD on two laptops, one running Win7, the other running Vista. I have the ASCOM driver software installed on both as well.

I have nothing connected to the laptops

The problem is that on both laptops EQMOD fails to run, it starts up and displays a control panel for a second and then disappears, and this cycle repeats continuously.

Any ideas?

Neil.

that's normal, means it hasn't had the port set up.

Open the tool box via the Start . Programs . EQMOD folder - click on the driver button and you can then select the comport the EQdirect cable is referred to.

Step%2B4.1.jpg

Clicking on the DRIVER SETUP button launches the main setup window for EQMOD

Step%2B2.10.jpg

I tend to open up Device manager tand check the com ports to see which one is used for the scope connection, and then select this from the list.  You can also enter the location details etc in this window rather than the main application

as far as I know also if you don't have a scope connected it does that to, can choose to use simulator so you can play with it threw either carte de ceil or stellarium. stellarium also needs a extra bit downloaded called stellarium scope to help run the mount.

This is normal for EQMOD. If you try to run it, without a mount connected to the laptop, it will start then stop and then start up again and keeps on repeating until you halt the program. If you wish to play around the EQMOD, before connecting a mount, there is a simulator option in the windows/eqmod menus.

The aforementioned replies should be your cure.....maybe Chris could have a " No Scope found" box pop-up....... :shocked:

EQMOD does display a "timeout" message on its main screen. However EQMOD is at the mercy of those apps that command it and many, on receiving notification from EQMOD that connection to the mount failed just shut it down before anyone gets to see the message EQMOD is displaying. Often the apps retry by restarting EQMOD and that is why you see the user interface flash up.

So if you want to check connection to your mount use the toolbox app that ships with EQMOD. This will not close EQMOD on connection failure and will allow you to see the EQMOD error messages.

Chris.

I know it's a long shot, and slightly off-topic, but I only just avoided disaster last night when I fell foul of the cord wrap problem, almost ripping out the cable from the RA-DEC motors.

I don't suppose EQMOD (or similar) allows you to set up slew limits to avoid this? It's not an option on the synscan afaik.

I know it's a long shot, and slightly off-topic, but I only just avoided disaster last night when I fell foul of the cord wrap problem, almost ripping out the cable from the RA-DEC motors.

I don't suppose EQMOD (or similar) allows you to set up slew limits to avoid this? It's not an option on the synscan afaik.

Yes it does :)

I had some issues also of com connection and it turned out that I needed to set the hand controller to 'PC direct mode' when connecting through the handset. One more reason for me to swith to an EQdirect cable ;)

post-39102-0-11496500-1437657487.png

Archived