Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Demon Barber

Galloway September Pre Season Shakedown Starcamp 2015

Hi folks,

I'm not sure whether I can make the Shakedown due to work commitments. If I do, It'll be the weekend for me. But I've got a bag of time off booked (not sure what the collective noun is for days off work!) for the Autumn bash. Can't wait!

Hi Jonathan,i think the word your looking for is 'Me' time.

Look forward to catching up again.

Ps.. have you looked actually looked through that Tak of yours yet.

Kenny

Hi Kenny,yeah time is going fast  :grin: ,Jonathon,it would be great if you can make it for the shakedown,plenty of things to catch up on,if not look forward to seeing you in November :grin:

Regards

Mike

I'll do my best to get there.

Have I looked through my Tak yet? No. I really should give that a try, but the time just flies by when faffing about with imaging!

See you soon!

Hi Jonathan,your best will suffice!  :Envy: . It`s a fabulous night here in the North East let`s hope the weather behaves itself and lasts for a while longer  :grin:  :grin:  :grin: ,

Regards

Mike

I'll do my best to get there.

Have I looked through my Tak yet? No. I really should give that a try, but the time just flies by when faffing about with imaging!

See you soon!

Hee Hee,knew you were gonna say that!

Look forward to catching up again.

Kenny

Hi All,

Looks like I may not make it as soon as I wanted. Computer problems at present. If not there on Saturday hope to make it by Tuesday.

Derek

You have been looking at the weather forecast i will bet   :laugh:  :laugh: i wish it would sort itself out i can not keep up with the weathermen :Envy:

Hope you get everything sorted, it`s a great hobby aint it  !!!!!   :computer:  :BangHead:  :BangHead:  :BangHead:

Regards

Mike

Hi All,just checked with Lesley at campsite and everything is ready for all comers when ever you turn up,of course it`s a beautiful evening,  lets hope the weather sorts itself out for us.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone,safe journey to all.

Regards

Mike

Hi All,well were here,Kenny and me and the writer`s tears are out ,we have two excuses ,it`s raining, windy and i spent the afternoon in casualty after a fall at home resulting in a dislocated finger with a small fracture in my left hand small finger,the writer`s tears are purely medicinal  :evil:  :evil: ,will report conditions in the morning,,

Regards

Mike

Wet and windy ----nuf said :eek:

Regards

Mike

Oh no, what a bummer. Hope you are feeling better after your tumble.

Sent from my Fone

Hi All ,lovely sunny night ,clearing nicely,all set up,only time will tell!

Ian it did not feel like a tumble,very stiff today,could have been worse.

Campsite is in really good condition,tea,then hopefully some imagining,

See you all soon

Mike

Hello all, 2 excellent nights viewing  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin: , Saturday night we were getting 3-4 hour spells and finally called it a night at 5am------Woke to a lovely warm morning ,clouded out mid afternoon without any prospect of clear sky,at 8pm it cleared as if by magic.Kenny has some processing to do when he gets home,when he comes in  we will try to post some images,hope the weather holds for the week.

Regards

Mike

Sorry for delay in updates but were having trouble with internet connection and uploading images!

The Milkyway

post-17547-0-29372900-1442200488_thumb.j

Kenny

• Like 3

NGC7000.single 6min jpg sub,Cannon 60da,Equinox 80mm, guided with PHD2

post-17547-0-12303300-1442201430_thumb.j

Its taken 2 hours to post 2 images so will try later today.Off to bed.

Kenny.

• Like 5

Some nice pictures Kenny.  What lens did you use for the milky way shot?

The North American Nebula looks great for a 6 min exposure.  nice round stars throughout.

Andy

Excellent images Kenny. Are you going to reprocess them at home? How's the dishes?

Derek

Mike, Kenny and Adrian,

Weather forecast shows bad weather on its way tonight and lousy weather on Wednesday. Check it out as you may have to batten down the hatches !!

Derek

Yes Derek,forcast does not look to good.Think i'll take scope  off mount later as im off home tommorow.

post-17547-0-07644600-1442234789_thumb.j

Milkyway looking East.

Kenny

• Like 2

Hi Derek,forecast fotr here is a little rain tonight and showing clear for the next 5 nights---go figure---what do the weather forecaster`s know  :eek:

All i can say is to anyone who is interested in a dark sky and can get along  will not be disappointed plenty of pitches available.

Regards

Mike

• Like 1