SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Galloway September Pre Season Shakedown Starcamp 2015

Hello all,we are running a Starcamp   :grin:  in September as a shakedown for the Galloway Autumn Starcamp,the dates for this Starcamp are Wednesday 16th Sept----Monday 21st September 2015,we hope that people will use this as a chance to test there gear in preparation for the dark skies to come,any mods you may have done,or if you just want a taster of a Galloway Starcamp in more clement weather then this is a great opportunity.

We will not have exclusive use of the campsite but feel sure the light pollution will be kept to a minimum,Lesley and Ralph will of course do there usual high standard preparation to an already high quality campsite. You are more than welcome to make it a longer stay there will be folk onsite from Mon 14th Sept.

Bookings will be direct with the  campsite:http://www.drumroamin.co.uk     Tel:01988840613.  Lesley will confirm the charges when you ring to book.

New for this year is a barbecue /grill area undercover to the right of the warmroom.

We look forward to seeing regulars and meeting newcomers alike,clear skies are on order  :grin:  :grin:  :grin: !!!!!!.

Any queries please ask away.

Regards

Mike.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mike,

Count me in  !!!!!!!

I always enjoy the star parties in Galloway, it is a chance to meet interesting people, crystal clear skies, and when the weather is not favourable, the malt tasting evenings are a joy.

I hope to do a Monday to Monday.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Mike,

I cannot see Derek giving up the opportunity to attend a malt tasting...

Just to let you know that there is an interesting article in the June 2015 booklet "Scottish Birds"  Volume 35(2)   published by SOC  (Scottish Ornithologists Club) on Little Egrets in Dumfries and Galloway, centred on Wigton Bay i.e. right on the campsite door step.

If attendees are interested I can organise a day out looking for the Little Egrets, 

There is the RSPB Crook of Baldoon Nature Reserve near the camp site.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/discoverandenjoynature/seenature/reserves/guide/c/crookofbaldoon/index.aspx

In September birds should still be migrating.

We did birdwatching along the Bay a few years ago on the path towards Wigton.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Mike,

I cannot see Derek giving up the opportunity to attend a malt tasting...

Just to let you know that there is an interesting article in the June 2015 booklet "Scottish Birds"  Volume 35(2)   published by SOC  (Scottish Ornithologists Club) on Little Egrets in Dumfries and Galloway, centred on Wigton Bay i.e. right on the campsite door step.

If attendees are interested I can organise a day out looking for the Little Egrets, 

There is the RSPB Crook of Baldoon Nature Reserve near the camp site.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/discoverandenjoynature/seenature/reserves/guide/c/crookofbaldoon/index.aspx

In September birds should still be migrating.

We did birdwatching along the Bay a few years ago on the path towards Wigton.

Cheers

Adrian

Yer Right Adrian,

The thought is horrendous, but works at home and the fact that I've spent a small fortune so far this year on astro gear. The other half is giving me some disapproving  looks even at the mention of yet more spending. I have to work out if life will be worth living :mad:

On another note why go looking for Little Ejets? I thought we had enough Big Ejets already. :p

Derek

Hi Jamie,

Great if you can get along.

The weather should be warmer than November, it is given the possibility of good clear skies that make Galloway a worth attending star party.

I am interested in the webcam testing that you are doing.

Looking forward to the clear nights.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Mike,

Dawn is saying she will supply the single malt,whos doin the pies? Spoke to Lesley this morning and all booked up, coming down on the friday nite till monday morn, see you all there

Hi Mike,

finally managed to get Dawn onto the forum, her tag is baby hubble, and ye she has some nice malts in the locker, messing about with some webcams just now lookin at a qhy5l, no doubt I,ll be picking your brains on this one. Have allready screwed up a couple of small microsoft ones, the joys eh Mike, catch u later take it easy.

jim

Mike, we can all but try, the annoying bit is I had the second one all modded up and working a treat, then for some reason it stopped working on laptop, Microsoft say its an issue with the drivers I say no more. hence trying out this new qhy 5 gismo. I.am sure there will be a few hickups,but hey that's the fun of it all, take it easy man,catch u later. :confused:

Archived