Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galloway September Pre Season Shakedown Starcamp 2015

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi from darkest UK....

Regardless of the weather forecast, Mike and myself have seen stars this evening. It has been partly cloudy with now you see them now you don't. but got a really clear patch for about 90 minutes around 10.15 pm.

We are packing in for the night, there is a very heavy dew descending in the last 20 minutes.

Things are getting damp.....

Just finished a potato and ham fry up.

I am going out to pack up next and then partake in the next hobby practiced here, whiskey tasting.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi All,another good night in spite of the weatherman,a little moist before midnight a lot more after ok for visual and by 4 am ish Orion in all it`s glory was a splendid ,well worth getting up for ,anyone contemplating coming over should give it a go sky`s forecast good tonight and for Saturday

Regards

Mike

ps i`ll leave it up to the expert s to tell you about lastnight`s tasting session  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

I'm hoping to head down later today Mike, it will be good to catch up.  :smiley:

Hi All,another good night in spite of the weatherman,a little moist before midnight a lot more after ok for visual and by 4 am ish Orion in all it`s glory was a splendid ,well worth getting up for ,anyone contemplating coming over should give it a go sky`s forecast good tonight and for Saturday

Regards

Mike

ps i`ll leave it up to the expert s to tell you about lastnight`s tasting session  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

That reminds me I better grab a nice single malt for the next tasting session.........  :grin:

Hi All

Back home after another excellent Galloway starcamp. 3 nights out of 4 ain't bad.

Many thanks Mike for arranging it.

Just looking at the widefield pics I took Friday night

Milky Way/Summer Triangle

post-12744-0-96591500-1442779147_thumb.j

Cassiopeia/M31/Double Cluster

post-12744-0-24290400-1442779482_thumb.j

I take it you've been at home this weekend as well Kenny?

Did you ever get round to stacking your shots from the last CSP?

Tony

Hi Tony,hope you and family are well.I was up last weekend...see earlier in this thread.

Kenny

Hi All,disappointing skies on Saturday evening gave us a chance to test the waters of life ,celebrating a magnificent Friday nights viewing with the Galloway skies revealing the reason the area is so  popular for Astro viewing and photography,everyone attending agreed it was a very very. good sky we even had some of the campsite  campers who had not looked through a telescope,or even seen the milky way,enjoying the evening spectacular.

The evening threw up some problems with gremlins in the works ,eqmod not connecting,no goto`s with an Argo Navis ,equipped Obsession telescope.missing cable`s and flat batteries!!!! :Envy:  :Envy:  :Envy:

The evening way rounded off by very clear views of the Orion Nebula,Venus and Jupiter,and  Mars.Well worth the wait.

A big thank you to Lesley and Ralf at the campsite for looking after us and making our stay enjoyable,thanks also to everyone who attended and who we could not be so sucessful without a big thank you to Phil Jim and Dawn who helped get my gear all packed away in record time.

It was also nice to see Steve,now very busy along with James who run a Portable Planatarium and who we hope have at one of next years Galloway Star Camps ----,watch this space  :grin:

Will post some more images from a successful Galloway Starcamp

I hope every one got home

Thank you all for making the star camp a success.

See you at the Autumn Galloway Star camp

Regards

MIke

Hi Mike

Once again a superb weekend away and plenty of stary skies to look at, a very big thanks for all your help and patience in guiding me in the right directions with the kit or should I say the lack of!! cheers phil,for the use of your adapter, one now on order with rother valley, a big thanks to all the other guys for a great time and enjoyed the sampling of the amber necter, ps steve you were right it wasnt the best mate but still enjoyable hehe, finally a big thanks to lesley for yet againg a first class camp site and enormous welcome, hope to see you all in november take it easy and all the best. Hope you made it home ok Mike without to many stops.

Jim

Hi Mike,

Was great to be able to come down and see everyone. Lesley & Ralf always make us welcome, it's a fab site.

Need to go over my photos and see what I managed to get, will put some up hopefully in the week.

Hope you got home ok, we got back in good time. Looking forward to November now.

Take care

Dawn

Archived