SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Galloway September Pre Season Shakedown Starcamp 2015

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mike,

Visited the site yesterday, it was raining hard, Lesley had gone off to Wigton, spoke to Raphael, he is looking forward to meeting us all in September.

Concerning the amount of water coming down, the site was bearing up well. 

The trip back to Dumfries was better than February when the A75 was under water in places!

Trust you are in the best of health.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Mike,

I visited Tom and Nina last Thursday afternoon.

Apparently, Nina has her phone switched off most of the time.

Nina has not been too well and has been off work since February.

She may hold a star party in May 2016, will confirm later.

She and Tom may pay us a visit at the pre-season party in September.

All the best

Adrian

Hi Mike - got wind of this on Central Scotland Observers Forum. I've never observed from Galloway and plan to pitch my tent Friday and Saturday. I have 2 new scopes and I'm eager to try them out on some dark skies. Should I just nook through the website link?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hi hayzi111

If you go to web link and call lesley, give her the dates etc and let her know if you need hook up, hope this helps you, might see you down there, if you like it might be a good idea tobook for the full blown camp in nov as it can get real busy.

Jamie

Hi Andrew,and a big thank you Jamie,you will be most welcome to the September starcamp,have a read through this post and if you have any questions just ask away,looking forward to meeting you,clear skies are on order!  :grin:

Regards

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,bad news is i can't make it for the main weekend of this event...good news though is i shall be attending the Friday week earlier for 4 nights.

Look forward to meeting up with any early attendees.

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Mike hopes to be there on Saturday 12th September and I am planning on arriving on Sunday 13th September.

Trust you don't mind playing Pool by yourself......

The weather will be brilliant by day and night given the law of averages, I feel September will be the best month in 2015.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi All,just a timely reminder to get your gear ready for the shakedown,not long to go now,have had a couple of clear nights so i tested the electrics on the Obsession,all ok,of course they always are till i get to Scotland ,it must be something in the water,still hopefully it will behave itself.

There are still pitches available so if you want to sample really dark skies,with a great campsite get your booking in with Lesley  before it`s to late.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone,oh and clear skies are on order  :Envy:  :Envy:  :Envy: .

Regards

Mike

Will check with Lesley tomorrow as I think I have booked 2 weeks in October for a shakedown.

Andy

Hi Andy,look forward to hearing from you,hope you and Sandra are both well?

Regards

Mike

As you had probably guessed by now, I will not be coming to the September meet  instead I have an appointment with a dental surgeon that day and it will hopefully less uncomfortable than last time.

I have a fortnight booked in October but I guess you will all be long gone by then :)

So maybe in November.

BTW Mike Sandra is doing really well.  Has even managed driving for short distances, So all in all she is almost back to new.

Andy

Hi Andy,great news about Sandra,say hello from me please,i bet she is enjoying the freedom that car can give,i`m just waiting  to see if my licence is to be renewed,fingers crossed,

I will catch up with the pair of you later in the year ,take care,

Regards

Mike

Still struggling with Knitting perhaps 2 weeks in the caravan is the answer :) whilst I "struggle" with the AG12.

Gone beyond root fillings. have started down the implant route. hence I will not have a Mesu to appease me for the fortnight but perhaps I will have the evidence to Justify one for November

Hi Andy,great news about Sandra,say hello from me please,i bet she is enjoying the freedom that car can give,i`m just waiting  to see if my licence is to be renewed,fingers crossed,

I will catch up with the pair of you later in the year ,take care,

Regards

Mike

Thanks Mike it is going to take a bit of time before Sandra is confident to go out on her own in the car but I am pleased that she has at least driven a few times.

It is sometimes hard to realise what illness does to our capabilities so it is important to maximise what can be achieved while we have the capability.

But I still need my observatory :)

Take Care and watch put for those hover sandals :)

Andy

Andy,if yer struggling with your AG12 and still no obsy i`m more than willing to accommodate it on loan in my obsy  :evil: my pier is substantial so no worries there,rents only a tenner a week!!!!!

I`m sure you will get there in the end but as you rightly say health problems can really frustrate life------ just keep the faith,

Regards

Mike

Hi,

The start of the Galloway September star party is fast approaching....

I am organising my gear, strange there appears to be more gear to be taken to each star party.

Anyway, whilst the gear is important, the attendees are top of the list.

Those arriving early are Kenny on Friday 11th, Mike on Saturday 12th and I arrive on the Sunday.

If you were thinking of coming early, you now know that there will be people around.

As usual everyone is welcome.

All we now need is beautifully clear skies.... it will be very dark..... Milky Way visible in all it's glory!

Cheers

Adrian

Archived