Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Your Favorite Eyepiece, and what Scope .......

Steve,

That is one on my now very short want list, I narrowly missed one 2 months back and 10 days ago was only derailed by lack of money in the account in England. I only really want the 27mm Pan and the 4.7mm Ethos, I would not say no to a 5mm XO but have not seen one in years.

Alan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a hard question to answer although made easier if you choose a scope then an associated eyepiece so here goes:

My

16" f4 dob - 26mm Nagler - 71x 1.16 degree field. Wonderful for wider field observing - Double Cluster from a dark site is astonishing, M81/82 in the same field along with (cores of) M31/2/110.

12" f4 dob - 17.3mm Delos - 80x and 0.9 degree field. Same applies really! Galaxies also pop with this combo.

6" f11 dob - 6-3mm Nagler zoom - 267-533x - superb for doubles and moon.

120mm f5 ED refractor - 17.3mm Delos - 52x - scope mainly used as white light solar scope and this provides a wonderful full disk.

80mm f6 APO refractor - 26mm Nagler - 18x and 4.4 degree field - only just got this scope but suspect this will be a favourite combo.

100mm PSTAL - 17.3mm Delos - 58x - again used for solar and this time Ha.

I think if I had to 'survive' with three eyepieces, the 26mm Nagler, 17.3 Delos and 6-3mm Nagler would be the selected ones.

I'll answer this for my 10" Dob.

My 20mm T5 Nagler.

In a 10" Dob this is just about perfect IMO. It's razor sharp right across the field, gives great contrast @ f/4.5, has a massive apparent and true field of view, it's super comfortable in use and is a lovely lightweight ocular for a 2" one.

For my larger  scope, my favourites are unfortunately not in my eyepiece case..........yet ;)

not saying anything.... :hiding:

Archived