Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Images from Ireland

brendant

Back home on holidays to Ireland last week and had some wonderful clear dark skies ;) , forgot what a real dark sky looks like - magnificent :thumbright: , hard to believe just how much is visible to the naked eye, luckily I mamaged to smuggle the ED80 and mount into the car unnoticed, mind you the other half was wondering why all the cases did not fit into the boot LOL.

Managed to grab a couple of hours worth on two nights.

Brendan

post-13788-133877340729_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the kind comments guys.

Had a great time, two nights of the clearest / darkest skies I have seen for many years, only managed two nights imaging since Christmas before hols so was more than I could have expected. It was so clear, even managed to see the cassini division on the ED80 (5mm Eyepiece + 2x & 3x Barlows) the seeing was that good one night, could see M51 and M81 & M82 in the finderscope, numerous clusters visible with the naked eye, the views through binoculars was awesome. I just wish I could have brought the unpolluted skies back home.

Brendan

Thanks for all the kind comments guys.

Had a great time, two nights of the clearest / darkest skies I have seen for many years, only managed two nights imaging since Christmas before hols so was more than I could have expected. It was so clear, even managed to see the cassini division on the ED80 (5mm Eyepiece + 2x & 3x Barlows) the seeing was that good one night, could see M51 and M81 & M82 in the finderscope, numerous clusters visible with the naked eye, the views through binoculars was awesome. I just wish I could have brought the unpolluted skies back home.

Brendan

:shock: ;):(:):lol:

Hope you got the weather I got Ferox, three perfectly clear nights out of six, managed to get out for two of them, as long as you are away from the big cities you will have superb dark skies, have a good / dark holiday.

Brendan

Thanks Mike,

If only we could have dark skies again it would make our imaging so much easier, I caught more in two nights than I caught in six months at home (Glasgow). All images were quick but if you were to spend a night on each object the quality would be superb, I usually spend twice as long on processing as imaging (i'm no good at either) but with unpolluted skies life would be so much simpler.

Brendan

Archived