Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Forest prom 30th May DSLR

Owmuchonomy

Interesting effect. Like it.

A nice set of hedgerow proms, how did get that effect?

I'm not sure quite what you mean chaps?  No effect has been applied.  That is how the proms appeared visually through my Lunt 50 and similarly on the individual movie frames.  All I have done is stacked and sharpened then added a tint as usual.

1/100th sec shutter for 3000 or so frames total, at iso 1600.  I've just run the movie through and it looks the same or very similar as the stacked image.  The only thing i'm not sure about is the quality of the focus.  Its difficult on the Lunt 50 to get a decent focus due to the basic helical focusser.  I don't mind the effect produced but I can't claim I actively pursued it!

I have a PST which is 40mm aperture always interested to here hands on opinions of user's of other scopes. Would be interesting to see how you would get on with a dedicated Webcam in yours. Are there any focus issues as with the coronado pst ?

Archived