Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best Telescope Control Software

cshahar

I am looking for a good planetarium software with excellent telescope control capabilities. I guess the extremes might be Starry Nights (which I find a bit too much) and Stellarium (which I find a bit too simple). What are other people using for telescope control?

Thanks,

-Charles

go to the software bisque website & look at versions of the Sky- I don't think there is anything better & versions to suit all budgets. A fantastic range of features available & ASCOM compliant.

CDC is the best free option for scope control, I have not bothered with a purchase option as it does all i need, Stellurium is great for sitting at your computer and mooching.

I vote for CDC - works brilliantly even on my windows tablet with clumsy touch controls. Can control my scope directly or trough  POTH, plain and simple, clear and very usable on 8 to 10" displays for field work.

At home and with larger display - stellarium, good views and eyecandy.

PS First post - Hi everybody.

I use the sky x. I have starry nights also but don't like it much. It's just a personal choice I suppose. I tried carts du ciel but again not used to it so am sticking to what I'm happy with.

Derek

Another died in the wool CdC user here.  It does take a bit of effort in the initial setting up and getting familiar with its functions but after that, it is simply superb for scope control.

I'd agree that Stellarium has better visual appeal, but if your primary requirements are for scope control then I'd recommend CdC rather than Stellarium.

• 4 years later...