Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show by me on the Astro Imaging Channel

perfrej

Hi all!

Monday morning at 03:30 I had the please of participating with a presentation on my two mounts and a small presentation of the workflow with them. In spite of the ungodly hour, i had a good time and enjoyed it very much.

The show is on the tube at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WfkQnZTFXzo, or on Google+ and runs for an hour and a half. Luckily, the day I pre-recorded the balcony footage was one of sunshine and bird song

Thanks, folks!

I think most of it landed in the right place. I like the concept and may very well do a piece on the equipment around the mount with focus on automation and remote operation. How's that?

/per

Would love to see another show with you and the magic behind automation, as i am about to take the final step toward fully remote operation in my obsy!

/Daniel

I stayed up to watch it too Per,

Good show and would like to see more.  Perhaps one on the finer points of model tuning?  You mentioned in the video about models not lasting forever - can you expand on this?

Cheers

Nick

Models going sour on you... It is a fact that they deteriorate a bit, I think mostly because things change in the rig, but I am not sure. It could have to do with refraction as well. Need to consult some serious experts on this...

/per

Models going sour on you... It is a fact that they deteriorate a bit, I think mostly because things change in the rig, but I am not sure. It could have to do with refraction as well. Need to consult some serious experts on this...

/per

Thanks Per, interesting subject.

Definitely be good to see videos on the automation too....

all the best

Nick

This was fantastic Per-really informative. I don't think I'll ever be able to afford a mount as brilliant as any of the Micron range but have wondered about how they work and that was a really informative presentation and has taken a lot of the mystery away. Thanks for taking the time to create and share it with us. You are an inspiration.

Felix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'...a piece on the equipment around the mount with focus on automation and remote operation...'

I'll be another to watch avidly! :)

You guys have fun with the 'j' in Swedish, try the Shchah in Russian as opposed to the Shah.  

Or the tvyordy znak (a hard sign) which has no sound.  Then there is the myahky znak (a soft sign) which again has no sound.  :)

michael

Yes, I have to be there too as I do sing quite a lot (and also now have a company in Moscow). Here's an example of how someone tried a phonetic translation. Богородице Дѣво by Rachmaninoff (in pre-reform Russian at that):

post-9361-0-30307500-1430973868.png

It is at this point, at 06:42 in a hotel room in Gothenburg, that I admit to being grossly off-topic ;)

/per

Thanks, Mark!

The Seagull came with a mahogany sailboat that my friends dad bought in 1972. I sailed the thing every summer and became part owner in 1979. We sold it in 2005, last trip pictured below. The Seagull worked every time and even spent a week on the bottom beside the quay... I am now lending to my neighbor who has a boat fit for a genuine outboard engine!

/per

post-9361-0-33420500-1431015898.jpg

Yes, I have to be there too as I do sing quite a lot (and also now have a company in Moscow). Here's an example of how someone tried a phonetic translation. Богородице Дѣво by Rachmaninoff (in pre-reform Russian at that):

attachicon.gifRachm.PNG

It is at this point, at 06:42 in a hotel room in Gothenburg, that I admit to being grossly off-topic ;)

/per

Oh I don't know, we are after all talking about the music of the spheres on this forum! :)

Rather than go (further?) OT PM sent. :)

michael

Archived