NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Excited and nervous!

stu640

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Stu, and a very warm welcome to the star-crazy gang. I really hope you enjoy your astronomy and you have a great time with your new friends on this wonderful forum.

All the best

Bob

A must read is this. Please don't expect to see things , as you would on TV or in magazines. http://stargazerslou...-expect-to-see/

But for now your main objective is. ENJOY YOUR STARGAZING. ;)

Hi Tums, thanks for this list, Stellarium looks great (thank you everyone who recommended that!) The link I've quoted above from your post just takes me to the SGL homepage and on my phone gives me a 400 Bad Request. I'm intrigued by what to expect to see and would be really grateful to get that link!

Thank you,

Stuart

welcome along,

I would recommend Stelarium too. It's a great way of getting to know what's up there. Next stop try and take a look at Jupiter, it's up there at the moment and it's a bright one so not too hard to spot. It blew me away first time I managed to see it. cheers sam

Hi mate, sort of noob here myself as well. Just dug out a telescope I purchased about 10 years ago. The buzz from actually getting a clear image is fantastic, limiting myself to planets at the moment.

Archived