Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Seeing!

recceranger

Just seen the news and it looks like we have a blanket of pollution over us courtesy of our European neighbours!

Typical, tonight is scheduled as clear well into wee hours and was predicting low humidity/atmosphere disturbance and what happens? Pollution blows in!

I understand why Sir Patrick always loved a decent pair of binoculars

Pretty hazy here and only the brighter stars are showing. It's quite steady though and I've managed to split some quite tight doubles with my ED120 at 256x and even 300x, including 25 Canes Venatici which is a first for me :smiley:

Just seen the news and it looks like we have a blanket of pollution over us courtesy of our European neighbours!

Typical, tonight is scheduled as clear well into wee hours and was predicting low humidity/atmosphere disturbance and what happens? Pollution blows in!

I understand why Sir Patrick always loved a decent pair of binoculars

I went out for a look with the 10x50's at 3.45am.Still,and VERY murky! So much for the expected clear viewing.Did see Saturn,though.

Here's my seeing for the next week and it's been pretty much like this since Monday :BangHead: :

attachicon.gifMy Seeing.jpg

If someone says it's always sunny in Spain, I think I'll pinch them :p

Also if there is a clear patch the sky is yellow from Saharan sand.

If any of that rain does come it is going to fall as mud again.

Not actually sure of the effects of the sand on seeing though.

024.gif

Archived