Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 08.04.2015

catman161

I managed a couple of runs on Jupiter last night before the seeing turned abysmal at around half 10. Before that it was actually not too bad, quite stable but the transparency was not great.

Anyway the  below are both best 85% of 4500 frames taken with an ASI120MC, Planeta 10 inch Cassegrain and AZEQ6. Preprocessed in PIPP, stacked in AS!2, wavelets in Registax and processed in PSCS2

Again I have processed each one slightly differently and made one less bold in terms of contrast and colour to try an represent more what I was seeing at the eyepiece beforehand and the other I have processed with a slight more influence in terms of colour/contrast, it's a difficult one wit processing as what one person likes another may not. Comments welcomed :)

post-19290-0-50399500-1428566803.png

post-19290-0-04488500-1428566822.png

Great result and Europa stands out well on disc. The seeing was fairly steady for me earlier on too but started to degrade after 23:00. I decided to stick with it because Europa came off disc and transited Callisto around midnight. Not had time to look at the results yet, but if they're any good I'll post them. Will take a little while as in on a train at the moment :)

Pete Lawrence

Excellent images - I like both

Can you post a photo of your setup ?

Unfortunately I can't post a photo of my setup as public display of it is prohibited under my insurance terms of agreement as they deem it is not taking due care to protect its safety. Apologies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great result and Europa stands out well on disc. The seeing was fairly steady for me earlier on too but started to degrade after 23:00. I decided to stick with it because Europa came off disc and transited Callisto around midnight. Not had time to look at the results yet, but if they're any good I'll post them. Will take a little while as in on a train at the moment :)

Pete Lawrence

Thanks Pete :)

These are only the second image runs with my new setup so am still "working out the kinks" the seeing for me at 22:30 was like looking through boiling water so I packed up. I look forward to seeing your results soon :)

Excellent images Felix :smiley: ! Europa nestling nicely in Jove`s disk. Stacks of detail. Was out last night myself seeing was OK initially - about 1 Hr then utter pants!

Best regards,

Ralph

Well done with these, great detail and the best I've seen from you I would say. Nice work Felix!!

Pete

Thanks Pete :) I am hoping the more I get used to the new scope the more I can tweak the setup to get the most out of it. Am liking the fact that it is native F18 a lot :) once I get the Motofocus I won't have to focus by hand and have the whole thing shaking after adjusting focus too which will be good.

Excellent details , very good processing you did there congrats ! thanks for sharing !

Dan.

Thanks Dan :)

Excellent images Felix :smiley: ! Europa nestling nicely in Jove`s disk. Stacks of detail. Was out last night myself seeing was OK initially - about 1 Hr then utter pants!

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks Ralph, was similar for me. Seeing was okay and then suddenly rubbish. Look forward to seeing your results.

Unfortunately I can't post a photo of my setup as public display of it is prohibited under my insurance terms of agreement as they deem it is not taking due care to protect its safety. Apologies

Such is life !!

Archived