Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nice big prom's ATM

Davey-T

Finally got some Sun, not ideal conditions, lots of high drifting cloud but some nice prom activity going on, had a try out with Quark without .5X f/r but not good results and Newton rings to boot.

Now trying a timelapse on the proms as seeing not really good enough for surface stuff.

Dave

I have just got a clear spell and I see what you mean Dave :laugh: There is a nice detached flame shaped prom in the 1 O'clock position, another arc happening in the 3 O'clock position and a plant shape prom in the 8 O'clock position. The surface is pretty detailed too :laugh: the clouds are starting to overtake proceeding again now though.

Very nice, just been having a look myself. I though it looked like a dolphin yesterday but definitely more teapot today [emoji6]

Looks detached at first sight, but lovely fine 'threads' down to the limb

Yet another sunny day here again, what's going on?. Variable seeing but excellent at best, good views of the mentioned proms. Around 6pm some small scale but active proms on the opposite limb and a small patch of bright flaring more central to the disc. 120mm PST mod 50x - 150x.   :smiley: 

Bit of surface from today, playing with Quark without .5X F/R, seeing not up to it really, I think I've only had one day that I could use it without the F/R since I've had it. Also got Newton rings today not sure what causes them

100mm refractor. PG Bfly

Dave

post-21198-0-04927400-1428440203_thumb.j

Archived