Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 23/02 from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

Lots of cloud and very windy/gusty conditions tonight, but the seeing was fair to good at times.   Great difficulty keeping Jupiter within a 640x480 ROI @ 3600mm focal length, big thanks to Torsten for his auto align box to assist during focusing.

This is an R-RGB composition, using two WJ to derotate two stacks per channel.   Forgive the clumsy attempt to sharpen Ganymede in post processing.

post-26731-0-50030300-1424735139.png

The colour balance is a bit adrift to the red also, but all things considered quite pleased I managed to get this in adverse conditions.

Thanks Michael and Pete. Not so good in the cold light of day, but a record at least. There's an interesting group of three close white spots below junior - making four in the group. Though disappointed not to get better resolution of Callisto.

Jake, I hope the move goes well. Have you found a nice new house with dark skies and no neighbors?

Lee 

No neighbours to the north and west as it borders an unlit football field/park.   Should be okay, but views south and east will not be so good.   House is ok though ;)

Good Detail Jake. The EZ is blown out a bit on my laptop here, I haven't seen it that high from you yet. Was the histo very high

Thanks Neil, histo was difficult to hold due to cloud, so probably over cooked some. AS!2 then compounds this by choosing brightest by quality. I will try an pull the curve down a bit.

Thanks Neil, histo was difficult to hold due to cloud, so probably over cooked some. AS!2 then compounds this by choosing brightest by quality. I will try an pull the curve down a bit.

I have had the same problems Jake. both cloud affecting histo, and AS/2 Selecting the bright frames, so I know where your coming from, makes sense now

Archived