NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hubble view of Andromeda Galaxy

wheresthetorch?

Yes I just watched it, absolutely awesome, well they say that there are more stars up there, than there are grains of sand on the earth, and i can well believe it, not that it could be proved either way......

:) :)

SS

That is an amazing video. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

A few nights back I took a quick look at M31 through the binos. Just to get an idea of the seeing for my main target, comet Lovejoy.

It is amazing to think that the dim fuzzy blob can be resolved into stars.

Starlight that left Andromeda when the earliest apelike humans were just getting established East Africa.

Even more amazing (annoying) is that much of the UK population have never seen M31, and won't because of urban light pollution.

That is an amazing video. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

A few nights back I took a quick look at M31 through the binos. Just to get an idea of the seeing for my main target, comet Lovejoy.

It is amazing to think that the dim fuzzy blob can be resolved into stars.

Starlight that left Andromeda when the earliest apelike humans were just getting established East Africa.

Even more amazing (annoying) is that much of the UK population have never seen M31, and won't because of urban light pollution.

Does this help?

http://www.darkskydiscovery.org.uk/dark-sky-discovery-sites/map.html

Splendid video.

Mind numbing it certainly is, and I wonder if man will ever be able to fathom it all.

The more answers that are found, simply generate more questions that are more difficult than

their predecessors. I fear the Universe will be a never ending enigma. 

Ron.

That is quite staggering to watch!

My eldest (seven) is safely tucked up but I will show him the video before school. It will simply blow his mind as he is still blessed with wonder and curiosity about the night sky.

It's a shame that this fades in the majority but at least a few of us find it again a few years later :)

Archived