Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

moon mosaic 7/12/14

sooot

Moon to the rescue :laugh:  Super processing.

My efforts on the  moon didn't quite go to plan last night, fell for the old trick of going by the weather forecast, should have gone for the moon lower down and clear instead of higher up and cloudy :grin: Shame, it was looking half steady through the thinner bits of cloud!

Hope you get some solar soon.

Very nice image, you will have put a lot of work into getting this, any details of what gear you used

Thanks ,C9.25 with reducer cloud was predicted so thought id cut down the panes. Ir pass filter skyris 445 as2 ps

Moon to the rescue :laugh:  Super processing.

My efforts on the  moon didn't quite go to plan last night, fell for the old trick of going by the weather forecast, should have gone for the moon lower down and clear instead of higher up and cloudy :grin: Shame, it was looking half steady through the thinner bits of cloud!

Hope you get some solar soon.

cheers luke, ive stopped listening to the weather reports now and as for solar that seems a no go now from my back yard anyway, i got trees till 2- 2.30 then as i found out saturday a tv ariel straight after then more trees boooo lol

Ooooh, that's a cracker! Beautiful.

I too have been attempting a moon mosaic, but like others, have failed miserably through a combination of bad focus, unexpected clouds and dodgy processing. I have one soft, badly processed corner... only another 18 or so panes to go.

Can you recommend any good tutorials for AS!2 and lunar processing please? I am not getting the results I would like and am sure that it can't all be blamed on the camera!

Thanks,

Ooooh, that's a cracker! Beautiful.

I too have been attempting a moon mosaic, but like others, have failed miserably through a combination of bad focus, unexpected clouds and dodgy processing. I have one soft, badly processed corner... only another 18 or so panes to go.

Can you recommend any good tutorials for AS!2 and lunar processing please? I am not getting the results I would like and am sure that it can't all be blamed on the camera!

Thanks,

have you tried running your avi in pipp and set to sort in quality order of the frames. I found it easier to find the bad frames. As for as2 i fumble my way through it :/ trial and error changing the stack %

have you tried running your avi in pipp and set to sort in quality order of the frames. I found it easier to find the bad frames. As for as2 i fumble my way through it :/ trial and error changing the stack %

Thanks Craig. Yes, I do run the avi files through PiPP first. I have found that as2 takes an age to process the 100 or so frames that are left to stack. Do you find that too?

Your 'trial and error' approach has certainly eliminated any 'error' on this one!

Craig, could you possibly post one of the panes as it has come out of the stacking process in as2, before you have tweaked it in PS, please? I'm fascinated to see the quality at that point.

Thank you!

no probs there you go single pane and the unprocessed mosaic

Fantastic, thank you for that. And thank you most of all for selecting that pane... Here's the one pane of my mosaic that I actually managed to make....

post-29321-0-19483500-1418071914_thumb.p

Very interesting to compare images. You win, that's for sure! But, I'm encouraged that my version is not toooo far off. So, perhaps there is a glimmer of hope with this camera after all.

Thanks so much Craig for bearing with me on this one. Hijack over, the thread can now go back to enjoying and admiring your wonderful full moon mosaic!

That is a superb mosaic image of the moon Craig. Brilliant job!

Best regards,

Ralph

thanks ralph

gav I don't class anything as a hijack is always good to compare, your image isn't far off at all, could be a touch on the bright side maybe drop the exposure a little can always bring the brightness up in processing but that's my personal opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived