NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Sun - 8th Dec 2014

David Smith

Woohoo, nice when the clear plays ball :laugh:  Nice and sharp and a final tatty-bye to 2222. I will miss it greatly as it's the first AR I can remember the name of :grin:

Nice to see the AR's spreading themselves out to keep us going :laugh:

Thanks all.

@Stardust -  just the Baader Solar Film. I have toyed with the idea of a continuum filter but all the reviews I have read leave me unconvinced of it's benefits when used with the Baader film. They seem to come highly recommended for use with a Herschel Wedge but less so for Solar Film imaging / observing. I did play with using a Wratten #56 / #58 green filter which was suggested as an alternative, but I didn't really see a big enough benefit to continue using it on a regular basis. Probably the greatest limiting factor on my images at this point is image size on chip. I still haven't found a way to increase this by enough but not too much, despite playing with a number of barlows, spacers and the like.

Archived