NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M44

blinky

Nice to see the Beehive again. A couple of years ago Saturn was passing by so we had a few pictures of this cluster.

Some nice orange stars in there. The stars look a little saturated, have you been using the right hand levels slider?

I have taken many an image on this one Blinky, but only widefield shots so the cluster is only thumbnail size in the image......

Dont know how it came by the nickname of the Beehive though......

Nice capture though especially in this weather.......

Mark

Nice Pic. Craig. You are really gathering pace with your imaging.

Always a pleasure seeing clusters be they Globular or open. M44 is particularly nice in binoculars, as is the Pleiades.

As well as The Beehive, it has other descriptive names. Praesape, The Manger, All derived from Arabic I think.

Ron. :afro:

Good job done Craig I have tried this myself in the past when we had a bit of clear sky can't think how long back that was I had trouble with the target area being too big for how I had things set up I found. Good image mate from a very :afro: Leeds

Archived