Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hyperstar Imaging with Edge 1100HD and Atik 460ex (OSC)

skygeezer

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Cepheus image above, I really like the dark dust and star colour.

You're like a machine pumping out these images!

Thanks Chris! With Hyperstar, it's actually no problem to capture three or four objects in a single session if the skies cooperate.

These are fantastic images. It truly shows what the Hyperstar is capable of.

I use a Hyperstar on a similar setup but sadly I live in a light polluted city so my signal to noise ratio is only a fraction of yours so sadly from my location I don't think I can ever produce anything near the quality of your images in the time I have. Well done!

With the very limited imaging time available in this country, seemingly getting worse, I came to the conclusion that there were just two courses of action :-

1. Give up and sell all the gear and try to think of something else to do - throw away all the experience and laborious Observatory building etc. and feel depressed for the rest of my life OR
  2. Devise systems that could make use of every available photon the skies would offer.

I opted for 2. and at least a triple imaging rig grabbing three times the light.  Maybe even two complete imaging rigs running at the same time capturing different DSOs.  This will at least keep me busy and give me something to head for even if some of it is a very long term objective :)

I spent most of my life in western Pennsylvania, so I know what you mean about the weather. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you folks in the UK for some clear skies!

:smiley:

Here is NGC 253 (Sculptor Galaxy), also from last night… 30 subs X 210 seconds.

post-39844-0-35529000-1417121178_thumb.j

Because your picture made me really envious I had to order a new toy......because shiny things make it better.......here is the link to the new toy......http://www.innovationsforesight.com/

I got fed up of my off axis guider having no stars that I could see & moving it around always resulted in me rotating the main camera which then ruined all my prepared flats.

I spent most of my life in western Pennsylvania, so I know what you mean about the weather. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you folks in the UK for some clear skies!

:smiley:

Here is NGC 253 (Sculptor Galaxy), also from last night… 30 subs X 210 seconds.

You'd have a better chance of giving us clear skies if you were a Witch Doctor- the weather has been & still is evil! :evil:

Witchead is very nice but is it me or is it just a squidge off focus? 

Horsehead is lovely, oodles of data in there. I know i said it before but I would so love to see what the Hyperstar can do in mono with narrowband filters.

Well.....I did experiment with M42 with narrow band filters. The first image is RGB.....then I tried a hubble pallete version but it came out bad......

M42 in LRGB big image scale

post-36426-0-42314300-1417179849_thumb.j

M42 in H-A

post-36426-0-86646400-1417181084_thumb.j

M42 with a hubble palette that went wrong but it is H-A, SII & OIII

post-36426-0-74254800-1417181148_thumb.j

I'm not very good yet at astro photography but I do enjoy the technology & challenge........

Archived