NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What Astronomy Forums do you frequent?

trynda1701

SGL mostly and also Ice In Space.

I tried ice in space when I was in oz, loads of knowledgable folk but they must be always out "astronomising" as the forums are/were quite often empty :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried ice in space when I was in oz, loads of knowledgable folk but they must be always out "astronomising" as the forums are/were quite often empty :)

True, it definitely doesn't have the same pace as SGL but  it's friendly and there are some stunning imagers there and plenty of knowledgable folk as you say. Plus I find it a small link to home too.

Oh and Solarchat, how can I forget that one. It's a good site for all things solar and very welcoming.

I do also have a CN account and astronomy shed but never post on them, pretty sure I signed up to UKAI too but have long forgotten my name and password.

To be honest, SGL is by far one of the friendliest and busiest sites I have come across and it's very rare that a post goes unanswered or commented upon which I find is the whole point of a forum.

Also because of which there is no shortage of excellent advice from all corners, from the very experienced astronomers/imagers who freely give their advice to all who ask to those just starting out and learning step by step there is always somebody who is doing or has done the same thing and can guide a person.

Mostly SGL, if I say that I feel as if I know some of the regulars, you possibly understand what I mean.  Lovely forum, pitched just right. Have been known to lurk on ice in space, visit PAIG and UKAI, not so much on Cloudy Nights now SGL has grown, it's a job to keep up sometimes.

SGL only for me. It's the only one I've really looked at since returning to more active stargazing.

It's friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and well moderated.

Back in the day I posted on usenet sci.astronomy (I think) but usenet (google groups) is a shambles these days.

SGL is my main forum for all astro and astro-imaging  information, and for a chat in general..

UKAI I use occsatonally

The only other one I use is the Astrocamp facebook page which is a really blast socially as nearly all of us know each other from the starparties..

Archived