Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ED80 Planets

mightymonoped

Its lovely that's a great collarge mate so how do you put them all together like that for those people that don't know about these things you understand :Dlike me for instance

Thanks all for your kind comments :lol:

No great trickery trickery to making the gallery image. Just copy and paste the four images onto a new (black) document, then use 'flatten' and save to create your combined gallery image. You should be able to do this using any photo editor (Painstshop Pro or Photoshop for instance).

In this case I used Photoshop CS2:

Set the background colour to black.

Create a new document (using 1024x768, background colour and 16bit colour)

Then opened each of the four planetary .tiff files

For each .tiff file, crop to a manageable size

Ctrl C or copy

Select the empty 'frame' document'

Ctrl V or Paste then use the select/move tool to move the pasted image to where you want it in the finished gallery picture.

When you have all the images where you want them, 'flatten' the image (or merge all the layers together)

Then save the document in your preferred highest res format (for me that's .tiff)

Then save in a web publishable format (JPEG0 at an appropriate filesize.

You can of course put all kinds of fancy frames and text in, but I'm just too lazy :lol:

Tony

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived