Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First solar image without Newton's rings!

kingboya

Taken with a PST, 2.5x powermate and ASI120MM camera. 250 frmaes stacked from 1000, with a flat subtracted in AS2!.

I was not expecting too much imaging with the PST, but I am very pleasantly surprised!

post-19531-0-35143900-1406733299_thumb.p

It's amazing what is possible with 35 or 40mm aperture on the Sun! Very well done, what a cool shot, very nice colours and detail :cool::laugh:

Thanks! I was surprised at the level of detail with the humble PST!

Very nice! I wish you would all stop posting great pictures of the sun though - I so want to get myself a solar scope...

I would say GET ONE! I bought mine from an admin on the site, and it is so nice just to pop it onto a photo tripod and take a quick look at the sun!

Superb image, well done. Did you do anything to solve the NR problem or did they just go on this shot?

Robin

Thanks! This is only my second solar image attempt, but I simply pulled out the camera nosepiece from the holder, and rested it at approx 20° and secured it with the thumb screw. I needed flats to remove uneven lighting (vignetting?) and dust bunnies, and this was the result.

:D

Thanks! I was surprised at the level of detail with the humble PST!

I would say GET ONE! I bought mine from an admin on the site, and it is so nice just to pop it onto a photo tripod and take a quick look at the sun!

Ohhh I so want to! But, my "Telescope pot" is currently earmarked for a nice refractor to compliment my LX200. But, I could change my mind....

A PST would compliment a LX200 better than a "nice refractor", you could then have night and day instead of night and night.  :evil:  :smiley:

Hmmm, you are evil trying to tempt me like that.... :grin:

Archived