Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27, HaRGB with a bit of the outer halo, just a bit

lensman57

Hi,

Taken a couple of nights ago on a very warm muggy night. I think that I gave the RGB too much  time so the Ha integration was short. I have brought out a little of the outer halo but there is very little colour in it. Still.., hope you enjoy it.

SW Quattro 8s @ F3.6, Atik 314L+, Astronomik Type 2c RGB and Baader 7nm ha filter, for good measure I put an Idas P1 on top of every thing to reduce the severe LP.

R 10 X 300s Bin1

G   8 X 300s Bin1

B   8 X 450s Bin1

Ha 5 X 900s

Processed in PI and PS.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-06874100-1406369010_thumb.p

Good job on the Shell A.G, I think every target has its difficulties in

Processing, for one reason or another, Thats what makes it so much of a challange. :grin:

well done

Paul

Couldn't agree more - amazing to bring out the outer shell.  Would you LP allow for longer subs?

Barry

Thank you Paul, Barry and Steve for your kind words for this novice. My LP is really bad but the main reason for the short subs is the lack of true dark sky at the moment, at my site it gets reasonably dark just after 11.30pm till about 3.00 am . I also wanted a fast system so I used my Quattro 8s which resolutely refuses to be properly collimated by me. Using the HEQ5 the scope and the imaging gear are right on the limit of the mounts capabilties, if I get another chance I will go for 1200s Ha and Oiii but tonight rain has returned yet again.

Regards,

A.G

• 2 months later...

Trying to get the full extent of the outer Ha shell is very difficult, the OIII component is bright but the Ha isn't!

ChrisH

Very true Chris, It is very much short of data, perhaps 3 times as much  Ha and some Oiii. The scope was  not properly collimated either so there is data loss to add to the problem. If I get the chance again I might redo the whole process but M27 is dipping now and at this precise hour is behind the garden trees.

Regards,

A.G

I never got enough data either, certainly not Ha anyway. The OIII component looks like this; and below it (if I stretch the bejeesus out of it and hammer the stars down!) it shows the extent of the Ha. Looks better in mono... :)  There are very few amateur images which show that outer shell well so a worthwhile project.

M27bi-colour_zps2cf99c7d.jpg

M27nostarsPSPI_zps5bc689d8.jpg

ChrisH

Archived