NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

LSOH IC1396

Ewan

Thought i would post this as 'finished' for now as i may not get all the data for this, the weather is so unpredictable.

Usual setup

Atik 314L+

AA 80EDT

AZEQ6

PHD2 / DSS / PS

Ha - 120

O3 - 105

S2 - 115

All channels used as Luminance layer for now.

post-11075-0-82799600-1405216227_thumb.j

As previous i would like more data + star rgb, but +for now i hope this is pleasing to some.

Thanks Sara, Peter,

Like you Sara i am suffering from lack of clear skies, nearly two weeks of nowt.

You can see why astrophotography is a steep but long curve, the amount of good imaging time for a year here is probably less than three months of the year.

Anyway enough of that just make the best use of what we do have.

Looks fantastic Ewan! If anything could be improved on though i would say to brighten the image a little, its a bit dark on my screen. Thats just my opinion though, each to their own!  :grin:

Thanks Chris, iksose7.

Agreed it may have been a bit 'dark', enhanced the dust, brightened the image & removed some green cast.

post-11075-0-66454700-1405259303_thumb.j

Remember though the final data i still have to aquire but yes i should have presented it better.

Very humbled by the reaction to what i feel is 'un-finished' work.

Appreciate the comments Mark & Olly.

I am tempted to put this one away now but if you dont mind me going for a finished shot & re posting it i think i will.

Never combined an RGB star image with my work so far but im sure it will be interesting.

Archived