NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

8 degrees of dusty Cepheus.

ollypenrice

This uses data captured last year and this with Paul Kummer and the dual Tak /Atik 11000 rig. The objects on show in the multi panel mosaic include IC1396, VdB142 (Elephant Trunk),

SH2-129 (Flying Bat) OU4 (Squid Nebula) and VdB140, the little Batman-like blue reflection nebula between the two. The image spans about 8 degrees on the long side. Additional data was used from older captures in the TEC140 and Baby Q.

I'd like to dedicate the picture on behalf of all SGLers to LukeBL and his family. Luke's post in the Lounge has greatly moved all who read it.

TRUNK%20BAT%20SQUID%20WEB%20sRGB-XL.jpg

Bigger; http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/i-ZwnMP5B/0/X3/TRUNK%20BAT%20SQUID%20WEB%20sRGB-X3.jpg

Olly

Lovely image Olly. But, not nearly as lovely as the thought behind your dedication.

I'm constantly awed by the gentle kindness that is at the heart of this community.  Long may it last.   :icon_salut:

Archived