Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Messier 13 through the Hyperstar

Mike Hawtin

Yes, yet another M13, this one is a HDR image, 3.7 hours LRGB comprising 12 each 30 sec, 120 sec and 240 sec Luminance and 12 x 240 sec RG and B through a 6" Hyperstar and 428EX mono.  I'm pretty pleased with the way this one turned out but it's far from perfect, as always I'd welcome advice and constructive crticism.

Hope you like it.

Mike

Link to full size on Astrobin:

get.jpg

post-6382-0-23213000-1401286286_thumb.jp

That's a very good image, well processed and full of data. As well as Messier 13 I counted 13 background galaxies in the same field.

Using Fast Star. How did you take RGB frames?

Spectacular, very well done, love it! The variety of colours in there is beautiful. I also love the pic of your set up, it is wonderfully Heath Robinson, but wow it works!

The framing and field of view is lovely, what focal length is that?

Not sure if it's me, my screen (I'm looking on an ipad) or what, but is the background quite grainy / noisy?

Thank you all very much for your kind comments.

PaulB, one of the spacer/adapters is internally threaded for 1.25" filters, change over is reasonably quick and painless.

Gav, the RGB stack had more background noise than I would like so I dialled the background of the LRGB combination back with Curves Transformation in PI, perhaps it needed a bit more but it looks ok on my monitor.  The focal length is 290 mm.   Had to smile at your Heath Robinson comment, as I had saved that pic as "Heath Robinson lives". 

Archived