Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heads Up 30th August

valleyman

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a tough one to call, as we are all anxious for a good night out under the stars. 

Although it will be dry, the predictions are for 75% > 50% cloud cover throughout the night. 

Sorry, it's a " NO GO " for tonight's Observing Meet. 

thats a shame mike.   with the weather apparently getting better next week what about next saturday?

This Saturday is only several days away from a full Moon, so even if conditions were clear it would wash out much of the deep sky.

I'm going to propose two observing sessions for September, both within four days of the new moon.......

September 20th, and September 27th.

Having two dates will give everyone an opportunity to plan ahead and keep those nights open in the event that the weather turns bad on the first scheduled meet.  I will post a thread shortly.  

Hoping for clear skies on 20th as I have plans the following week. Be great to get at least 1 group session in before Pencelli in October.

Cheers for making the early call tonight Mike, I agree it was probably too close to call to take the risk. I'll try to get a couple of hours in the garden if it does clear.

James

Hoping for clear skies on 20th as I have plans the following week. Be great to get at least 1 group session in before Pencelli in October.

Cheers for making the early call tonight Mike, I agree it was probably too close to call to take the risk. I'll try to get a couple of hours in the garden if it does clear.

James

Thanks James,

Yeah, Its a long way to drive for some, especially for several hours of poor observing.

I'm going to set up in the back garden on the chance to catch Neptune if there is a break in the clouds.

Figure I've had 90% cloud cover here, with only the Moon and a star or two momentarily peeking through. :sad:

Hope its been better in your neck of the woods.

No better here Mike. Like looking through a giant net curtain most of the evening.

Archived