Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

picked up my G&G :)

well i could not resist and although i wanted to spend money on a tripod based set-up this came up for sale close to home at a good price. went to pick it up this morning after dropping the little ones off at school. it cost me a trip to the jewellery shop on route but its sooo light compared to the the 350p! easy to lift in and out of the shed in one always set up and no cool down time as its in the shed, so it ticked all the box's. it cam with the 9x50RACI and the duel speed upgrade& bobs knobs

post-6284-0-15833300-1400762708_thumb.jp

Dave Gibbons sold me my first 200P years ago and dropped it off for me. great scopes i already have a stand for it to go on to bring the EP the right height. i may be able to get both in the car when i go to the Lynn Penn next week :)

Mike i actually sat down when i was observing at home the other week viewing saturn and i must say it did make a big difference and i didnt have to move the seat much at all when nudging. i may invest in a seat at some point but untill i have some spare £££'s that arnt going towards holidays cars mirrors scope etc it will have to stay at the bottom of the list

first mod is done sprayed the bottom half  of the focuser tube matt black. and here it is next to its big brother showing the shear size difference for anyone considering getting a big dob.

post-6284-0-29459300-1400770175_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-88107600-1400770195_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-52342700-1400770279_thumb.jp

first mod is done sprayed the bottom half  of the focuser tube matt black. and here it is next to its big brother showing the shear size difference for anyone considering getting a big dob.

looks like some thing of starwars :grin:

I've got one of those fold up camping chairs that is far too low to get out of conveniently, especially when you need to extract the next Chateau Neuf out of the camper van. Then I bought an ES Dob and suddenly it's a planetary observers dream. It could only be more comfortable if it had a foot stool...

Horses for courses and all that.

Russell

My delos's look great at F4.5 so they should be mega at F6 :D

Yeah your right Dan.

I started noticing coma in my f/4.5 a lot more since I've had my f/6.3. The slower scope looks so much better especially with my 17.3mm Delos.

Archived