Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars is a bad seeing

astroavani

With a precarious seeing such a capture is possible only because the Fire Capture and Qhy 5L II achieves a high rate of 107 frames per second. So concerned 100 seconds have a considerable number of frames. These we use only about 10% to stack we can probably recover a reasonable photo to a night of terrible conditions.

http://www.astrobin.com/96543/

28ee55cdf8c41acb1b0fdcb4eb547f9f.1824x0_

Yep, have to agree with the rest of us UK crew - that's a very respectable Mars indeed.    Are you capturing on 320x240 ROI?   This seems to give the best frame rates on my kit, with Lum and Red very close to 200FPS, Green at 150 and Blue around 110 @ F20/4000mm.   Though you're shooting with more aperture, at longer focal lengths with F6 x4 - the VX10L is a beast of a scope, but too long for my little obs :(

Hello Jake! I'm using a X box 300 300 ROI. With this framework can achieve the maximum speed supported by my camera Qhy Color 5L which is around 107 fps. In this photo worked at f/25 and have to agree that the 10L VX is a good telescope since with an f / d longer have easier to collimate and focus, and a smaller secondary obstruction favors the contrast. 

I wish I had one day a seeing 4/10 to see the results that would be possible but at my place of watching the jet stream is a constant. 

Soon will come the C14 HD, if the result will improve, that I can not tell!

Thanks Astrovani - more impressed with this result from the colour QHY5L-II. F25 poss pushing the small pixels on this cam - but obviously working for you, even in 4/10!

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

Archived