Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Maplin fight cases on offer!

SW130p

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the cube bits in two bits to leave padding at the bottom? Does that make sense??? :confused:

Yes it does make sense! The straight answer is no, they are not cut on the cross-section.  Try and remove the shapes you choose 100% intact, then have a bread knife ready to slice the shapes you remove to create a padded base.  Hide your slightly ugly bread-knife cut surfaces by placing it downwards and keep the original professional finished 'top' face up.  No one will ever know and I won't tell anyone.  :lipsrsealed: 

A mistake I nearly made:  For non symmetrical shapes be careful to cut the correct side so you don't produce the wrong side up shape for the hole ! My moonlite focuser needed a non symmetrical hole for an example. 

I was just about to order one of these as l now have a collection of finderscopes and eyepieces which is starting to make things look cluttered and they are back to normal price.

Yes it does make sense! The straight answer is no, they are not cut on the cross-section.  Try and remove the shapes you choose 100% intact, then have a bread knife ready to slice the shapes you remove to create a padded base.  Hide your slightly ugly bread-knife cut surfaces by placing it downwards and keep the original professional finished 'top' face up.  No one will ever know and I won't tell anyone.  :lipsrsealed:

A mistake I nearly made:  For non symmetrical shapes be careful to cut the correct side so you don't produce the wrong side up shape for the hole ! My moonlite focuser needed a non symmetrical hole for an example. 

Why cut the foam? Just push your item into the foam to create a void. means that you have padding at the bottom and can pull the foam back up if you decide to rearrange the items in your case.

Ian

Archived