Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars on the 29th April - Pleased with this one!

Barv

I've been really struggling with Mars this apparition. I've only just worked out that the ZWO coloured camera does not portray anything like true colours if used without an IR cut filter. I checked it in daylight and my blue sweatshirt looked nearly white! (Other ZWO coloured cam owners be warned)! So I tuned the colours and shot this last night with the C11. I am really pleased with it as it shows a bit of perspective in the Elysium Planitia area and the colours look so much better than what I've captured before, and they are pretty much bang on to Sky Safari. Well here it is anyway!

Comments always welcome.

Regards

Harvey

post-32779-0-97597200-1398885277_thumb.p

Hi,

Can I just ask why you would want to use that camera without the IR filter anyway, and did you remove it yourself?

MM

Hi

Some of the earlier cameras came without the IR filter, (as did mine). It had an anti reflective glass cover over the sensor. I had only noticed when trying to image Mars how bad it was without an IR cut filter!

Regards

Harvey

Y

think my MC has just the glass cover, seen somewhere the first ones came with no filter or glass, just an open sensor
(must have been hell for dust bunny's)

I'd like to see the conditions in the chinese manufacturing plant! A lot of these cameras, mine included have a lot of dust inside them anyway when they arrive. I know quite a few people that have a lot of issues with this!

Regards

Harvey

Very nice! I guess color is subjective and it's down to the individual imager's preference. I always adjust the color balace in post processing to match some of my favorite results from other, more accomplished imagers. 

Archived