Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just back from Astrofest

MikeP

Exactly the same as last year - far too crowded, although it did thin out a bit a the day wore on.

Didn't see any real bargains, or none that appealed anyway, but good to have a wander round. Saw an NEQ6 Pro with a 300mm newt on it - thought my EQ6 with a 250mm was big, but this was in another league. Made a joke to the chap I was standing next to about keeping it in the corner of the lounge and he said he already had a 16" dob in his!!!

Anyway back again tomorrow for lunch with anyone I can find and the afternoon session.

Mike

Got a bit confused about meeting times in earlier posts, but since I've had my look around today, I'll be lurking in the foyer from 12:30 onwards.

If anyone wants to say hi, I'll be the vertically challenged chap with the little read and black MAN's handbag thing over my shoulder.

Mike

I am sitting at a computer in the hotel, having just arrived. Beautiful day all day travelling down, but the train was brim full. I hope they all aren't going tomorrow.

Really looking forward to seeing real people instead of names on a screen.

See you tomorrow guys, hopefully.

Ron. :D

See you tomorrow Mike, I'll bring my Tazer. That should thin the crowds out a touch.

Tony..

Is that the modded or unmodded Tazer Tony? :lol:

Well let's put it like this, I'll be bringing the 23Ah batter I normally use to power my mount with :D :D.

Tony..

Was planning to go, have tickets, hotel booked but...it's fantastically clear!....and I go away with work for a month from Sunday!!!

Might make it tomorrow, depends when I get to bed!!!

I'd only spend next years wages anyway says the missus :D

True!!!

Have fun guys and gals :D

Cheers

Rob

Archived