Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Coleshill, Warwickshire.

David_Evans

Hello,

I discovered the Stargazers' Lounge while searching through some astronomy links with Google. My first impression was that it looked such a friendly site that I wanted to join straight away.

I have always had a deep passion for astronomy; owning various telescopes of all shapes and sizes. Now I am very happy with an 8" Meade GPS, computer controlled SCT, plus Deep Sky Imager II. It's a nice portable all-round type of scope and its quality never fails to amaze me... I hope to post a few deep sky photo's soon.

Apart from back garden sky watching, under clear skies in the middle of the night, I also enjoy daytime observing indoors - or more accurately online with my computer from the warm and comfort of my favourite armchair! I have been fortunate to discover a total of 19 comets to date (indoors, and often under cloudy skies) using imagery from the SOHO Space Telescope. A link in my profile points to my website "Dave's Virtual Sungrazer Observatory", an observational portal amateur astronomers can use to discover new comets.

At the moment, I am project coordinating the building of a public observatory in Coleshill. This development, although in the initial planning stages, has the full support of local government councillors Peter Fowler and Theresa Welby. Talks are now being arranged with the Town Clerk and other officials so we can discuss location, equipment, construction and funding. We would also like to form a Coleshill Astronomy Society (to help assist with the running of the observatory) and I am working on the CA web site at the moment.

I hope to spend many happy hours in the Stargazers Lounge, posting and making new friends. Indeed, if anyone happens to live near Coleshill and would like to share a nights observing, do feel free to contact me - david.evans@coleshillastronomy.co.uk

Hello David and welcome to the forum..

I have been fortunate to discover a total of 19 comets to date (indoors, and often under cloudy skies) using imagery from the SOHO Space Telescope

Fantastic work...

Well done.

Greg

David Hello to you sir may I bow to your comet seeking prowess :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Now Then Coleshill good old Coleshill I remember it well The good old Lergie (gas plant)my Dad was the Chief fitter there for yonks :D and oh yes I used to work at Star Woodworking as a Cabinet maker and joiner good ole days matey best firms Xmas parties ever !!

I was Born and lived for nearly 20 years in and around Kingsbury. Is it Hams Hall the power station that I would have to ride my bike past ?think it was Oh yes great memories them

Nice to see you David better get off before I burst into song :D

Thank you everyone for your welcome messages.

If ever there are two words that sum up all amateur astronomers those two words have to be 'very friendly' - which is obviously why SGL is such a huge success!

Martyn, you know Coleshill so well ! ...You are more than welcome to drop in for a coffee and chat if passing this way on your bike :D

Thank you everyone for your welcome messages.

If ever there are two words that sum up all amateur astronomers those two words have to be 'very friendly' - which is obviously why SGL is such a huge success!

Martyn, you know Coleshill so well ! ...You are more than welcome to drop in for a coffee and chat if passing this way on your bike :D

Well that bike is in worse nick than me now at least I am still here :lol: I used to have a rusty head like my bike but now its old n grey I live in leeds now but if ever I am passing your way would love to take you up on that :D no sugar please just hot and wet will do :D

I David. I am heading down to Warwickshire next month, going

too SHERWOODS, to pick up a telescope.

Nice to have you on board I am sure you will be a great asset to

the site. Good luck with your projects maybe one day some of us

will get to use the observatory I for one will look forward to it..

Geoff.. :wave:

Archived