Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

it was always going to happen. lol

Well my Stargazing chums, I knew I couldn't resist for long ;)

after my first foray into some stargazing last Friday, with my very basic little Celestron travel scope 70. I re- entered the house, with a thought that every stargazer gets , I suspect. ' That was great, BUT!! I need a bigger scope' .

So to the internet it was, firstly here. to check out the Newbie advice, then a scout around to decide what and from where.

and I've finally went for. a Skywatcher Explorer 130 P with the AZ GoTo . I think from the bits and pieces I've read that this should be, a fine first Scope.

So now I just have to wait for it to be delivered, not sure how long I can hold out for though. lol

Anyway I hope your All ready to help out ,as I undoubtedly mess something up. ::)

cheerio for now

Tums ;)

I know exactly what you mean Tums. There's always the nagging urge to look for bigger and better, I have to admit to being kept in check by the wife who is always on hand to give me reasons not to upgrade just yet (but I'm working on it :smiley: ). Best of luck with the new scope.

Phil

My concern is that the same will occur again. You have gone from 70 to 130, then you will soon start thinking of a 150.

Ronin, I know exactly what you mean, my own thought on it was, 70 ...130......Hubble !!!!. but may need to save up for a few Millenia. ;)

Ronin, I know exactly what you mean, my own thought on it was, 70 ...130......Hubble !!!!. but may need to save up for a few Millenia. ;)

It's easy. Just order from FLO website clearance section :grin:

I use the same scope tums  and love it :smiley: I find the optics a lot more clearer than my 150 dobsonian which I'm upgrading to a 250 in the next couple of weeks. but I will still be using my 130 goto  just cos its great lol

I've got the same scope without the goto, very pleased with it. The supplied eyepieces are ok but you might want to look at upgrading them at some point.

Can I ask, which eyepieces, should I be checking out.?? all comments Welcome. ;)

Can I ask, which eyepieces, should I be checking out.?? all comments Welcome. ;)

Hi Tums, one of the best on the market at a reasonable cost are the BST Explorers/StarGuiders found here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=bst+starguiders&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xbst+explorers&_nkw=bst+explorers&_sacat=0

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tums, one of the best on the market at a reasonable cost are the BST Explorers/StarGuiders found here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=bst+starguiders&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xbst+explorers&_nkw=bst+explorers&_sacat=0

I took your advice Robin , and have just bought a BST Explorer Dual ED 12mm. for £49. which looks like a good price ;) . Now all I need is some Scope time . :)

It is a vert slippery slope. I had a 250 Don as a first scope. Then crazily thought I'd downsize to a 6se , the upgraded to a 8se. Now looking at a 16 inch dob.

Also I have used the 12mm bst and it performed well

• 2 weeks later...

Ho Hum...another member on the slippery slope to the dark side......even if you had the biggest scope going there would still be that niggle, that Jiminy Cricket, the whisper in the ear, the voices in the brain.....'more aperture...more aperture' :evil:

'm prefectly happy with my SW 250p flex !!

wouldn't want any other scope..

I can remember saying that about my Binoculars ....... then I used a pair of zeiss.

The slope is long and very slippery my friends  :grin:

Ho Hum...another member on the slippery slope to the dark side......even if you had the biggest scope going there would still be that niggle, that Jiminy Cricket, the whisper in the ear, the voices in the brain.....'more aperture...more aperture' :evil:

Tsk. Before you know you've got this where the patio used to be and about -128,000,000,000 brownie points with Mrs.

141333-004-13AA27BB.jpg

Archived