Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I suppose...

Nope cloudy here, so I'm playing with LP removal in Photoshop.

It was forecast clear here, and it was for a short while. It's still forecast clear but in reality can never trust the met office forecasts. I'm hanging on for another hour or so. You never know. Otherwise, if I pack up, the stars will come out!

Louise

It was clear here from early evening, a bit hazy but some viewing and no imaging could have been done.

That is if I hadn't something else on. Then at about 10:30 when I could go out, got all the gear out and just as I lifted the scope outside it was half covered in cloud.

i managed to get teh C11 collimated, had a slew round looking at stuff, very bad seeing, loads of moisture, left the set-up doing 180 second guided subs, while i had me dinner, 28 subs later, returned and its still working PHD doing its stuff, shame i forgot to tighten all 6 screws round the OAG, it just had 1 nipped up while i found a guide star, forget to do the others so tight stars one side, coma type the other, m51 looked so good in the middle...never mind there's always tomorrow....i share your frustration...

The result as DSS finished it...

m51-800-180-c11.jpg

i managed to get teh C11 collimated, had a slew round looking at stuff, very bad seeing, loads of moisture, left the set-up doing 180 second guided subs, while i had me dinner, 28 subs later, returned and its still working PHD doing its stuff, shame i forgot to tighten all 6 screws round the OAG, it just had 1 nipped up while i found a guide star, forget to do the others so tight stars one side, coma type the other, m51 looked so good in the middle...never mind there's always tomorrow....i share your frustration...

The result as DSS finished it...

Oh nooo! That's even worse than just having clouds! I got a couple of subs done earlier but very poor transparency and PHD wasn't working well either. Oh well.

I'd like to say I'll have another go tomorrow but forecast is rubbish for the weekend. I wish I could move to Norfolk - you have lots more clear skies down there!

Oh well

I was clear as expected early on but the forecast was for it not to last. So rather than get all the gear out I was messing with my new Minitron starlight camera I'll be using for meteor observations. Of course, it stayed clear much longer than expected so I effectively missed an imaging opportunity. However I'm very happy with the Minitron :)

ChrisH

It was very hazy here last night. It looked clear at first glance, but if you looked at the moon you could see a halo of cloud all around it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

... that nearly everyone else is out observing or imaging. Why is Glasgow always so murky?? Grrrr....

Rant over

Louise

Ditto here in sunny Manchester, last evening it started clear and I got everything out and set up at 7.30 waiting for Leo to turn up from behind the houses, managed a single 600s sub of the triplet before the mist and thin clouds put an end to the proceedings, packed up and came in , this has been the same for the last month or so. Right now there are thick clouds over south Manchester while  according to the BBC the rest of the country is enjoying the spring sunshine. :Envy:

A.G

Oh dear, sorry for that A.G. :( The perils of being in the West - especially Manchester and Glasgow!

Weather - the cause of, and solution to, most of an Astrophotographer's problems!

I've no doubt lots of peeps had lovely clear skies and good imaging sessions last night.

Our time will come.

Louise

Clear at the moment, but with the moon and haze not an imaging night. My Megrez is too short really for lunar and planetary.

I see another trip to FLO coming on.

Same here my friend, very hazy and I can just about make out four stars in the square of Pegasus, so it is a lost imaging night again.

A.G

Archived