NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M51 - first attempt

Thats a beauty well done :laugh: .  I love this object, partly because it was the first deep sky object I was shown.  I remember turning to them (the scopes owner) in the pitch black and saying to a face I could not see 'and what am i looking at?  They described it to me and I asked to look again.  I had another look and thanked them & walked away in a daze.  Amazing places.

what a great 1st attempt! looking very good you must have been very pleased with yourself when you saw that for the first time.

In the benning i was a bit disappointed about the size but when i realized that i was looking at an object more than 23 million years light away then i got shocked :)

Great shot! As someone who's looking to get an 8" Dob it's cool to see that I could be experiencing seeing this for myself soon

Dobs are great scopes and i have to say very versatile im super pleased with mine ;)

Thats a beauty well done :laugh: .  I love this object, partly because it was the first deep sky object I was shown.  I remember turning to them (the scopes owner) in the pitch black and saying to a face I could not see 'and what am i looking at?  They described it to me and I asked to look again.  I had another look and thanked them & walked away in a daze.  Amazing places.

Indeed its a little jewel in the sky :)

Thanks to everybody for the comments :)

That is really good - especially when you consider that you are having to use really short exposures, unguided and a Dobsonian!  The "experts" will tell you it can't be done but It can and you have proved it!!   :cool:  :cool:

Rules are made to be broken otherwise wouldn't be funny :p

Archived