Best view of the moon you have ever had

Russko13

Whats the scope?

Makes a fair bit of difference to the eyepiece, I range from a 350mm achro refractor to a 1500mm Mak.

The view I remember was a 25mm through a 1500mm FL SCT.

But no good for the Luanr 100 as you need to get to the craters.

The best views of the Moon I've had come with my 12" dob and the 5mm Pentax XW eyepiece which gives 318x with that scope. I've managed to pick out details less than 1 arc second in apparent size with that combination which is less than 1 mile across.

The best views I have had have been with my 6mm Delos and my 3-6mm Nagler zoom, in both the CPC 9.25 and the Pronto scopes.

Very different views but both very clear indeed, the 9.25 allowed me to see the smaller craterlets on the floor of Plato whilst the Pronto gave very contrasting greys right across the lunar surface.

CPC1100 with Baader 8mm-24mm Zoom MkIII. The sharpest views I have had at high mag I have had with it is at the 8mm setting on the zoom, giving 350x.

I'm not sure what good looks like in terms of the most resolution you can see on the moon but that combination is breathtaking to me. I haven't had a truely clear night since I bought the scope and EP so can't wait to see what they can do under a clear, dark sky.

VX10 F4.8 dob and 6mm Delos/Nagler zoom.Viewing at the terminator near Alpine valley the view was stunning,caught some craters and shadows that highlighted the height and depth of them,awe inspiring.The Delos is better(to me) than the zoom on this,but the zoom gave me more mag-up to about 300x one night.I can almost always go 150x(Delos),200x a bit(Delos) and more not so often (zoom).The level of detail seen is amazing....still looking for that central rille in the Alpine Valley,that might take a few years... :smiley:

When it was in front of the sun in 2006 :grin:

apart from that 8" SCT with Baader bino viewers x2.5 powermate with a pair of 18mm Tak eyepieces

it was quite nice with a Tak 130 with the same combination but the seeing was bad

Steve

Archived