Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars Feb 11th 1550hrs UT

johnh

SPX350 F36.4, PGRFlea3, Baader RGB.  1550hrs UT.  Mars 9.79"

First go at Mars with average seeing which destroyed the red but green and blue looked good with detail showing.  I got bad ringing on the red channel when it occasionally sharpened.  First time I got Olympus Mons and Mars seems to have some cloud detail.  Just waiting for the good seeing and a bigger sized Mars.  Not sure if the colour is correct as its been so long since I last imaged Mars.

Thanks, John.

post-2572-0-02581100-1392195858.jpg

A very good image none the less, with clear detail. Makes a change to see something different to Jovian images which keep appearing on here! (Including mine, LOL) Seeing has been really dreadful over this apparition here! :embarrassed:

Regards Harvey

SPX350 F36.4, PGRFlea3, Baader RGB.  1550hrs UT.  Mars 9.79"

First go at Mars with average seeing which destroyed the red but green and blue looked good with detail showing.  I got bad ringing on the red channel when it occasionally sharpened.  First time I got Olympus Mons and Mars seems to have some cloud detail.  Just waiting for the good seeing and a bigger sized Mars.  Not sure if the colour is correct as its been so long since I last imaged Mars.

Thanks, John.

Out of curiosity when will Mars become closer to make it easier to capture?

Thanks for the interest, you guys have the King of planets so you can't be too disappointed although I here the weather has been bad for you with storms and floods.  The Southern Hemisphere will have Mars and Saturn for the next 5 years as they get higher for us in Australia.

Out of curiosity when will Mars become closer to make it easier to capture?

Opposition will be April 8th with Mars getting to 15.1", getting to a good size second half of March till about the middle of May.

John.

Very nice, i tried the other morning and had nothing even worth stacking so you done very well considering the conditions

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I live in Brisbane Australia these days so I have a tiny advantage, lol.

Regards, John.

Thanks for the interest, you guys have the King of planets so you can't be too disappointed although I here the weather has been bad for you with storms and floods.  The Southern Hemisphere will have Mars and Saturn for the next 5 years as they get higher for us in Australia.

Opposition will be April 8th with Mars getting to 15.1", getting to a good size second half of March till about the middle of May.

John.

Cheers John

Archived