Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

5.1% Moon

JB80

This was a little bit tricky as there wasn't a lot of the Moon to play with, in the eyepiece it had a rubble type look to it and stacking was hard to get the right frames so it's only about 8 images stacked.

Still this may be the thinnest Moon I've taken so far.

Also it is roughly how the Moon appeared in the sky with the crescent at the bottom.

post-8383-0-54409800-1391337108_thumb.jp

Thanks all, I'm in the middle of what may be becoming a 'collimation nightmare' so that may go some way to explain the sharpness.

The Earthshine was great but it' didn't like to show up on the shorter exposures.

Very good capture Jarrod of this "smiley" moon! I have never imaged such a thin crescent.

Best regards,

Ralph

I was looking at the Moon through a break in the clouds this evening and was desperate to get out there and get some images.  It so would not have gone down well if I'd skipped the roast dinner my wife had cooked though :(

James

Archived