Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 11 Jan from Coventry

rjc404

Here's one of my efforts from 11th January as seeing was really good compared to what I've seen over the last few months.

Still trying to figure out planetary photography and this is just one of 20 runs (still got loads to process! Plus more to come if I get time). I think my focus was a bit better on this one as I managed to get really sharp on the moon and it's craters before moving back to Jupiter.

This one was taken through a Philips Toucam in a standard Skywatcher 2x barlow attached to my 150PL at 30FPS, full gain.

post-31280-0-13989700-1389599745_thumb.j

If anyone has any ideas on a better barlow for my scope that would get better results let me know (2x, 3x, 5x?)

Thanks for looking,

Rob

Cheers for the comments, appreciated. 

I was using the old cam nose piece as far out of the barlow trick as far as I could.

If I go down the extension tube route is there any formula to work out how much extension you need to make a 2x into 3x? Or is it just guesswork?

I'll probably invest in a new barlow though as the Skywatcher 2x barlow that came with my scope probably isn't the greatest piece of glass.

Oh and Houston, south-west Coventry.

Rob

Thanks Richard - Houston ,  no idea to be honest what the best spots are around the Coventry area as I've only viewed and imaged from my suburban back garden dodging lights from neighbors curtains until they go to bed. The Ryton area is probably good. Coombe Abbey maybe if a bit more local? I'm generally too lazy to cart my scope anywhere other than my garden.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived