Jupiter first round :)

I got a couple of 30 secs .avi videos with my canon 1100D connect to the laptop using the program EOS Camera Movie Recorder (completely free) :)

I used also 2 stacked barlows 2x connected directly to the camera.

Processed with Registax.

Thanks for watching :)

post-32167-0-77934600-1389437353_thumb.j

That's a great first image. Mine was awful! What processing sw did you use?

Alexxx

I just modified a bit the wavelets on registax.....actually i hadnt thought to give it a try on photoshop.

I will try it :)

Not bad at all.  I think dropping the red histogram back a little would be a plan, but that's not bad at all for a first effort with a DSLR.

James

Do you mean to do that on photoshop?

Did you try to do some wavelets on this in Registax, you may be able to tease out a bit more detail.

I did and i wasnt able to do better than this. I need to get more experienced i suppose :p

Thank you to everybody for all your kind and precious comments :)

Yes, you use the red channel on the histogram in PS to reduce the red. I think it's Ctrl + L on the keyboard. Or of course you can use the menu! I think that's in Image>Adjustments>Levels, but I'm not sure. I need the programme open in front of me!

Yes, you use the red channel on the histogram in PS to reduce the red. I think it's Ctrl + L on the keyboard. Or of course you can use the menu! I think that's in Image>Adjustments>Levels, but I'm not sure. I need the programme open in front of me!

yep correct, it is CTRL+L.

I will give it a try !!!

Thanks again for the tip.

Awesome picture, hopefully if the skies are clear tonight round my neck of the woods I'm going to be doing the same. Going to aim for similar results when I get a chance. I'd be proud if this was my first attempt!

Awesome picture, hopefully if the skies are clear tonight round my neck of the woods I'm going to be doing the same. Going to aim for similar results when I get a chance. I'd be proud if this was my first attempt!

it wasn't actually my first attempt but one of many after many nights spent trying to push the dslr camera over the edge in order to recreate the same condition that a webcam can achieve more easily and with a small effort.

Next time i will try to use backyardEOS because the software that i used to record the video doesn't give me the chance to change the frame rate so it was automatically set around 1.5/2 fps.......too low i think :)

it wasn't actually my first attempt but one of many after many nights spent trying to push the dslr camera over the edge in order to recreate the same condition that a webcam can achieve more easily and with a small effort.

Next time i will try to use backyardEOS because the software that i used to record the video doesn't give me the chance to change the frame rate so it was automatically set around 1.5/2 fps.......too low i think :)

Either way I'd still be pretty proud! I'll be sure to post an image(s) up on here when I have something half decent! Is using video better than just taking single shots then? I had one barlow lense on last night, could see 4 of Jupiters moons but before i could catch anything on my camera the clouds completely covered any vision I had. Eagerly awaiting for some clear skies tonight!

Either way I'd still be pretty proud! I'll be sure to post an image(s) up on here when I have something half decent! Is using video better than just taking single shots then? I had one barlow lense on last night, could see 4 of Jupiters moons but before i could catch anything on my camera the clouds completely covered any vision I had. Eagerly awaiting for some clear skies tonight!

For planets usually yes it is better taking video than single shots and once you have the video you need to post process it on Registax or Autostakkert 2.

You should be able to get quite a bit of improvement with that image by first doing an RGB align then click on the RGB Balance and select Auto Balance, then try the wavelets starting with 3, then 6, 5, 4, 2 and 1 - well the order isn't that important.  Also maybe use the Colour mixing and adjust the Hue and Saturation by small amounts to suit your taste.  Am assuming you are using Registax 6. 

You should be able to get quite a bit of improvement with that image by first doing an RGB align then click on the RGB Balance and select Auto Balance, then try the wavelets starting with 3, then 6, 5, 4, 2 and 1 - well the order isn't that important.  Also maybe use the Colour mixing and adjust the Hue and Saturation by small amounts to suit your taste.  Am assuming you are using Registax 6. 

Yes i used Registax and i will try what you said :)

Thank you for the suggestions !!! :)

Archived