NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter and Io 22 Dec 2013

cgarry

This image opens my account for the current Jupiter opposition.  With the bad weather and my work commitments this was the first imaging session I have managed this opposition.

The session was a bit windy and the seeing was definitely nothing special but I was determined to get some data and work it through to an image.  Considering the quality of the data I am not too unhappy with this.

11633940934_6c25839b31_o.jpg

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks guys.

It does seem that the weather does not want to play ball this time around, on the rare occasions that the sky is not obscured by cloud or fog the seeing seems to be terrible.  Though like all the other UK planetary imagers I shall keep waiting for the weather and seeing to give us a break.  One night maybe...

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for all your comments.  I was particularly pleased to get some detail on Io, especially since the seeing conditions were the best.

On the subject of seeing it was terrible last night.  I grabbed a few Jupiter AVIs but have been unable to get any detail out of them, even the red channel is just mush.

Cheers,

Chris

Archived