Hello

YouCannotBeSirius

Hi all,

I'm new to the site... I'm here to learn and enjoy the company of like-minded folk. I've always been fascinated by the night sky, for me it keeps things in perspective and the ability to look back in time is endlessly fascinating. I don't know what I'd do if I was unable to see the stars and it never ceases to amaze me how much of the universe I can see from my little back-garden. Individuals such as Carl Sagan, Brian Cox and Sir Patrick Moore have fuelled my interests over the last few years too.

My telescope is a Skywatcher explorer 130P supatrak parabolic Newtonian reflector which I decided on after much online research. I've only been able to use it one night, thanks to the Cumbrian weather, but I managed good views of Jupiter and its four Galilean moons almost aligned, and the Orion nebula. I'm yet to master the supatrak. And I use a pair of Olympus 10x50 DPS I (field 6.5) binoculars which provide fair views of the Andromeda galaxy. I'm in the process of buying a light pollution filter and additional lenses as my main interest is deep sky.

I'm looking forward to learning from those more experienced than myself and being part of the community. Thanks for having me!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived