Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astrofest... useful for newbie?

lucid

Got my tickets for this years Astrofest, didn't go last year (family problems) but did the preceeding three (or maybe four?) years. Talks are good, display area does get busy! Got 'Bang!' signed by Sir Patrick, Chris Lintott and Brian May (really nice guy, had a good natter with him!).

I'm considering an 8" Dob, both Skywatcher (Optical Vision) and Revelation (Telescope House) will have examples (maybe not 8", but the right family).

Got a pair of Helios 15x70 bins for half-price a couple of years ago, ex-demo but they are fine.

I went to Leamington last year, the exhibition is more spacious, but the 'sheds' for the talks are poor!

I'll be there on Saturday (even though I'm missing 6-Nations!)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well worth going if you intend to buy kit, I got a cracking deal last year on a Tak FSQ85 set-up and a Lunt PT Ls60, saved a total of about £750 over the cheapest quote I got from my research beforehand :smiley:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, it was great. I went for the day on Saturday and enjoyed the morning and afternoon talks. Just enough time betwen for browsing the stalls. This year I managed to hold back my buying, limiting it to just a couple of dew heaters. Was very tempted by other things, but the talks kept me in line :)

Archived