Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

schoolboy questions

some questions i probably should know if i bothered to pay attention at school.

do all planets rotate in the same direction ?

do all planets orbit in roughly the same plane in relation to earth ?

if jupiter takes roughly 12 years to orbit the sun why does it travel so far in our sky in such a relatively short period of time from our perspective? i presume because earth travels faster and overtakes it ?

if the universe is expanding is earths orbit moving away from the sun , and is jupiters gravitational pull having an effect on us since it is so much bigger ?

why do i taste frazzles 3 days after i have eaten them ?

do all planets rotate in the same direction ?  Most do apart from Venus an Uranus. This is known as retrograde rotation.

do all planets orbit in roughly the same plane in relation to earth ? yes -- it is called the ecliptic.

if jupiter takes roughly 12 years to orbit the sun why does it travel so far in our sky in such a relatively short period of time from our perspective? i presume because earth travels faster and overtakes it ?  It just rises earlier because of the Earth moving round the Sun.  It doesn't move that much.  Same reason for seeing different constellations in winter and summer.

if the universe is expanding is earths orbit moving away from the sun , and is Jupiter's gravitational pull having an effect on us since it is so much bigger ? No and no. The gravitational effect of Jupiter is miniscule.  It is the Universe expanding not the solar system which is a gravitationally contained system.

why do i taste frazzles 3 days after i have eaten them ?  Because they are made of toxic waste that is eating away your tongue.  Stop eating them!

if jupiter takes roughly 12 years to orbit the sun why does it travel so far in our sky in such a relatively short period of time from our perspective? i presume because earth travels faster and overtakes it ?

Because what we see when Jupiter crosses our sky is not it travelling per se, but its apparent movement across our sky as our earth rotates.

why do i taste frazzles 3 days after i have eaten them ?

It is not well understood or a very well funded area of study but according to me:  And i quote 'frazzles may hold properties that enable them to influence each other even when not in the same packet, they may be able to exist in two places at the same time'.  This is partly why I rarely eat them but reports such as being able to taste them days after consumption occur.  Also it may be down to them tainting your insides and the phenomenon of the 'tasty gas burp'.

" why do i taste frazzles 3 days after i have eaten them ?  Because they are made of toxic waste that is eating away your tongue.  Stop eating them! "

Because of this beastie Disodium 5'-Ribonucleotide or E635.

Its a powerful flavour enhancer that gives a savory taste.

thanks so much for your replies

obviously my next questions are......

why do venus and uranus rotate in different directions to the rest of the planets ? what has caused this ?

i think i understand the concept of a gravitationally contained solar system , does our solar system rotate within the universe ?

are monster munch more or  less toxic than frazzles ?

thanks so much for your replies

obviously my next questions are......

why do venus and uranus rotate in different directions to the rest of the planets ? what has caused this ?

i think i understand the concept of a gravitationally contained solar system , does our solar system rotate within the universe ?

are monster munch more or  less toxic than frazzles ?

why are Uranus and Venus?  No one knows but this is the best explanation I found.  http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/q50.html

Solar system rotation?  -- The solar system is in the Milky Way galaxy which rotates. The solar system is towards the edge and takes a long time to go round once.   I'm not sure if we could tell if the Universe is rotating.

Monster munch v frazzles -- the clue is in the name.  Monster munching is a slow death whereas frazzles are a lot quicker.

if the universe is expanding is earths orbit moving away from the sun.... ?

My research led me to believe that the opposite is true and that the earth is actually on a concentric orbit approaching the sun... Thankfully very slowly.

Many years ago one of my University projects (I was studying Photography, Film & Video in London) was to create a fake article on the Mac using Photoshop v1.0 and QuarkExpress! I chose to make an article in the style of The New Scientist about how the earth and all the planets in the solar system were on an orbital path getting nearer and nearer to the sun and the only solution for mankind was to 'planet hop' to set up on Mars and thereby survive the impending Icarus doom... I started reading various books and articles to research the subject and gradually discovered that this is in fact probably the case. I had to abandon the topic as 'not fake' and wrote about a brain scanner that could map emotions instead, very useful for clinical psychiatry...!

As the planets orbit they must be losing energy through radiating gravity waves and therefore will spiral in towards the Sun....unless perhaps the radiation pressure from the Sun's light counteracts this?

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Archived