Narrowband

Better focussed M42

Kai

Very nice.

What about taking some shots at say 30seconds and using thise for the core and then combine the two? Thats what I would attempt.

Ant

If i had the photoshop processing skills i would attempt it

just need to get the core under control a bit better ,

Rog

Sorry Rog, I'm afraid I disagree with you on this one. To me (very inexperienced, etc.etc.) I think that's a perfect core - great balance between being totally whitened out and being unnaturally overprocessed. Look how, just outside the white area in the middle is like a wall of billowing dust (whatever!) that frames it and gives the bright area inside a mysterious quality, like a silhouette, in a way. I think that's an excellent effect and really brings the pic to life.

Okay, I went a bit deeper than I intended, :? but I still prefer that to an unnaturally overprocessed image and think you've done a top job there Steve! 8) If I would make any tiny complaint, I would suggest using a 0.5x focal reducer to fit that little bit more stuff in.

Anyone with me on this?

Andrew

Archived