Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Who wants to have a play with my data?

Hawkeye

bout 5 mins on this one 

i used a different method , i went with dynamic range adjustments 

and used Photomatix 4.2 a set of HDR software ( free trail leaves watermark, paid does not ),

i has pushed the blue up a little to far for my like and started to edge creep on the bottom  left side and right side of image.

post-16869-0-54888200-1386031507_thumb.j

Hi,

Here it goes, hope you don't mind my cropping the image, the vigneting is almost uncorrectable without spending a good deal of time. It is also very weak in red data mostly Ha data I guess. Processed in StarTools. Hope you like it anyway.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-15376400-1386036719_thumb.p

Hi,

Here it goes, hope you don't mind my cropping the image, the vigneting is almost uncorrectable without spending a good deal of time. It is also very weak in red data mostly Ha data I guess. Processed in StarTools. Hope you like it anyway.

Regards,

A.G

Use gradient Xterminator and it's gone in my take. Love that filter.

Hi,

Regards,

A.G

A.G .amazing amount of detail you've managed to squeeze out of it.  its funny how we all have our own interpretations of how it should look. I need to practice more.

John

Hi,

Regards,

A.G

Hi A.G

Wow that's fantastic detail you've pulled out there.

At least it shows me that its there somewhere... I just need to learn how to get to it.

Thank you sooo much :)

As for the data it is made up of just 4 * 300 seconds Lights and the same in dark files with 50 flats and biases frames (don't ask!)

And I also notice I must have something on the camera chip (top right hand corner).. need to try and clean that off.

Cheers and thank you again

Paul

Equipment is a Canon 1000D, Skywatcher 200P guided with a finderscope and a toucam.

Hi A.G

Wow that's fantastic detail you've pulled out there.

At least it shows me that its there somewhere... I just need to learn how to get to it.

Thank you sooo much :)

As for the data it is made up of just 4 * 300 seconds Lights and the same in dark files with 50 flats and biases frames (don't ask!)

And I also notice I must have something on the camera chip (top right hand corner).. need to try and clean that off.

Cheers and thank you again

Paul

Equipment is a Canon 1000D, Skywatcher 200P guided with a finderscope and a toucam.

Hi,

You are too kind, I had a feeling that the camera could be a standard DSLR , if so, then you have done a great job. For some reason an unmodded DSLR is very sensitive to blue compared to the Ha, that horrible IR cut filter I guess. It was a pleasure working with your data and keep it up mate.

Regards,

A.G

A.G .amazing amount of detail you've managed to squeeze out of it.  its funny how we all have our own interpretations of how it should look. I need to practice more.

John

Many thanks John,

You are so right, our Photographic view of DSO objects are firmly set in the virtual world, they are by far and large what we make of them. No one has managed yet to physically travel to any of our favourite targets and bring a photograph back, so almost any interpretation of the data is valid so long as it does not verge on utterlry ridiculous. I used to be photographer many moons ago and I still am a devotee of Adams and Weston school of photographic thought. Adams always used to say that a negative ( The Data? ) was like a musical score ( he was trained as a classical pinanist ),  the print was the conductors interpretation of that negative. The conductor was and still is the person in charge of the print. The rest is mostly a matter of subjective taste.

Regards,

A.G

Many thanks John,

You are so right, our Photographic view of DSO objects are firmly set in the virtual world, they are by far and large what we make of them. No one has managed yet to physically travel to any of our favourite targets and bring a photograph back, so almost any interpretation of the data is valid so long as it does not verge on utterlry ridiculous. I used to be photographer many moons ago and I still am a devotee of Adams and Weston school of photographic thought. Adams always used to say that a negative ( The Data? ) was like a musical score ( he was trained as a classical pinanist ),  the print was the conductors interpretation of that negative. The conductor was and still is the person in charge of the print. The rest is mostly a matter of subjective taste.

Regards,

A.G

Great words a great work on the pic too. I remember I chucked up some of my data that i was struggling with and you pulled out the best version too. Perhaps we need to persuade you to do a WebEx session on PS Post processing! ;)

Will

Great words a great work on the pic too. I remember I chucked up some of my data that i was struggling with and you pulled out the best version too. Perhaps we need to persuade you to do a WebEx session on PS Post processing! ;)

Will

I'll second that  :grin:

Are you sure you did the flats correctly? They should have reduced the vignetting significantly and removed the dust spot :)

/Patrik

Patrik,

In simple term, No I don't really know if I did the flats correctly..

What I did was to put the Laptop screen over end of scope, camera set to AV and ISO the same as lights. Camera had not been removed from telescope since taking the lights..

Cheers

Paul

i removed some of the lens flare and most of the grain and got a little bit more detail in the cloud.

did not use your tiff file just saved your thumbnail and worked on that for 20 minits in paintshop pro and photoshop 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152030705116259&set=a.10152030704956259.1073741827.662036258&type=3&theater

chris.

Archived