Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun In White Light 27-11-2013. 13:15

Steve Ward

Another grotty day here , but as yesterdays virtually blank disc livened up considerably overnight , as I suspected it would , I thought it only right to have a go ...  :p

The multi-stack approach , on fifty cloud-marred frames , evened out the grey rather successfully ....  :laugh:

P27-11-13_zps72f28083.png

1000D + ED80Pro + ND3.8 + 1.8 x Barlow + OIII.

1/200s @ ISO 200 , 50/250 , Reg 5.1 , Gimp 2.8.

Day by day album ... http://www.astrobin.com/users/steveward53/

Can-t turn your back on him for a moment ...  :p

I noticed a lot of activity down there last night on SDO's AIA 304 page so woke up this morning all hopeful ... was supposed to out earning some today but Hey Ho ... priorities ...  :rolleyes:

That was my problem, too busy at work as well, not that we had enough sun to get a capture.  You should be out on that site swelling the coffers for that Solarscope you have been looking at for some time.

Robin

I'm curious - how long does it take features to move across the disc. And is that due to our movement around the Sun or does the Sun spin on it's own axis?

It rotates once every 25 days give or take , so about 12 days from first hint of a spot to last view on the opposite limb.

It rotates once every 25 days give or take , so about 12 days from first hint of a spot to last view on the opposite limb.

Thanks Steve. I'll have to get my filter out and do some more solar imaging when I get the chance. Now I have replaced my Sony A200 (no live view) with the Canon 1100D I might be able to focus up properly without contorting myself to look through the viewfinder :grin:

Archived